Singapore hokkien noodles
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
These super speedy noodles with pork, seafood and Chinese vegetables from Nancy Lam make a great dish for sharing
- 1 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- 80 g lean pork, such as pork fillet, cut into thin strips
- 100 g raw peeled prawns
- 1 small fresh squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 200 g fresh hokkien noodles, or other fresh egg noodles
- 50 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 leaves Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 3-4 leaves choy sum or pak choi, chopped if large
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- pinches ground white pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- few sprigs coriander
- 50 g bean sprouts
- ½ red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp crispy fried onions
- soy sauce
- chilli sauce
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat until just smoking. Tip in the garlic, fry for 15 seconds then add the pork. Stir fry for 1 minute until just browned then add the prawns, squid and soy sauce and cook for a further minute.
2. Pour in the stock and cook for 1 minute then add both types of noodles, stirring well, until the vermicelli noodles are soft. Stir in the Chinese cabbage, choy sum, egg and white pepper and cook until the vegetables are wilted.
3. Transfer to a large serving dish or bowls, top with the garnishes and serve with soy sauce and chilli sauce on the table.