On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas, 2
- 21:00 - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner
- 22:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 1
- Prep time:
- 35 min, plus 1 hour chilling
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Matthew Fort cooks a perfect springtime dessert using the sweetest Alphonso mangoes to be served with cream and crisp, buttery biscuits
Method1. For the mango fool: roughly chop the mangoes and blend to a smooth puree in a food processor.
2. Whisk the cream in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form, then gently fold through the mango puree. Add sugar and lemon juice to taste. Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl and chill for at least one hour before serving.
3. For the Brittany sables: sift the flour with the baking powder and salt into a bowl. Cream the butter with the sugar in a large mixing bowl until pale and fluffy (you can do this with an electric beater). Add the egg yolks one at a time to the sugar and butter mixture, beating well between additions.
4. Add the flour mixture to the sugar, butter and eggs and mix to form a soft dough, being careful not to overmix. Cover the bowl and put into the fridge for at least one hour to firm up. Then add the flour and mix until it just comes together into a soft dough. Take care not to over mix or knead. Cover the bowl and put into fridge. Leave to rest for at least an hour to firm up.
5. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.
6. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and roll to about 3mm thick. Cut out discs using a 7cm cutter. Transfer the biscuit rounds to a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the biscuits are pale golden-brown and still slightly soft in the middle. Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack to cool and harden.
8. To serve, spoon the fool into individual glasses and place a few Brittany sables alongside.