Nyonya prawn and pineapple curry
From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Chef Wan shares his beloved grandmother’s recipe for a traditional Malaysian curry, for only £2.13 per person
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 3 lime leaves, sliced thinly lengthways
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
- ½ pineapples, peeled, cut into 3cm-thick slices, and cubed
- palm sugar, to taste
- 700 g large prawns, with tails intact
- handfuls Thai basil, (selasih)
- steamed Thai jasmine rice, to serve
For the paste
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the paste: put all the ingredients into a blender and blend (or use a pestle and mortar) until smooth.
2. Heat the oil and gently fry the finely ground paste for about 10 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Stir in the coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, pineapple and salt and palm sugar, to taste, and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the prawns and basil leaves, reserving a few for garnish, and simmer for another 2 minutes.
5. Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with reserved basil leaves.