On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Chef Wan shares his beloved grandmother’s recipe for a traditional Malaysian curry, for only £2.13 per person
Method1. For the paste: put all the ingredients into a blender and blend (or use a pestle and mortar) until smooth.
2. Heat the oil and gently fry the finely ground paste for about 10 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Stir in the coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, pineapple and salt and palm sugar, to taste, and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the prawns and basil leaves, reserving a few for garnish, and simmer for another 2 minutes.
5. Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with reserved basil leaves.
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 3 lime leaves, sliced thinly lengthways
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
- ½ pineapples, peeled, cut into 3cm-thick slices, and cubed
- palm sugar, to taste
- 700 g large prawns, with tails intact
- handfuls Thai basil, (selasih)
- steamed Thai jasmine rice, to serve
For the paste