Asparagus and smoked duck salad
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- 2 as a light main course
Mark Sargeant makes the most of seasonal asparagus and radishes to add crunch and colour to this simple warm salad
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and blanch the asparagus for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Add the strips of duck fat to a frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry for 2-3 minutes until the fat is released into the pan. Remove the skin from the pan, leaving behind the melted fat.
3. Add the asparagus to the duck fat in the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned then stir in the radishes and duck breast. Fry for 1-2 minutes until the radishes are slightly softened.
4. Whisk together the walnut oil and sherry vinegar and season with salt and black pepper.
5. Transfer the warm duck salad to serving plates, top with salad leaves and drizzle with the walnut oil dressing. Serve straight away.