On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Paul Hollywood's Bread
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Cooking for Friends and Family
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Grow Your Own
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus soaking
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Maria Elia serves up this nourishing soup full of fresh Thai flavours
Method1. For the broth: heat the fish stock in a medium saucepan along with the lime leaf, lemongrass, ginger and chilli, and simmer for 5 minutes to infuse.
2. Add the salmon, spring onions and poach the salmon for 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. For the noodles: whilst the salmon poaches, heat the oil in a wok until very hot, then fry the bok choy, baby sweetcorn, beansprouts and cherry tomatoes for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Drain the noodles and add to the wok, and stir constantly until the noodles have softened.
4. Once the salmon is cooked, stir the fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice and herbs into the broth. Transfer to a deep soup bowl and serve with stir-fried noodles on the side.
For the broth
- 250 ml fish stock
- 1 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 lime leaves
- 15 g fresh root ginger, sliced into matchsticks
- ½ red chillies, deseeded and sliced into matchsticks
- 100 g fillet skinless salmon
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ limes, juice only
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 4 leaves basil, shredded
For the noodles