On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey, 5
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey, 6
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey, 1
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
A handful of ingredients creates the most extraordinary of flavours, in Matthew Fort’s recipe for pasta with turnip greens
Method1. Cook the orecchiette in a pan of boiling salted water, according to packet instructions, until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan and fry the garlic and chilli flakes for 2-3 minutes. Then add the turnip greens and fry for a further 3-4 minutes, or until the turnip greens are tender and wilted. Season with sea salt.
3. Drain the orecchiette and add to the pan with the turnip greens, mixing well to coat. Spoon onto plates and serve with a little pecorino cheese.
- 500 g orecchiette pasta
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic
- pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 500 g cima di rapa, stems removed
- pecorino cheese, crumbled or grated
Tips and suggestions
- Orecchiette is the Italian for ‘little ears’ as that is the shape of these little pasta pieces from Pulia.
Cima di rapa are turnip greens or tops. You can find them in good food markets. If you can’s find them, you can replace with either spring greens or sprouting broccoli.