Orecchiette con cima di rapa
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
A handful of ingredients creates the most extraordinary of flavours, in Matthew Fort’s recipe for pasta with turnip greens
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Orecchiette is the Italian for ‘little ears’ as that is the shape of these little pasta pieces from Pulia.
Cima di rapa are turnip greens or tops. You can find them in good food markets. If you can’s find them, you can replace with either spring greens or sprouting broccoli.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Cook the orecchiette in a pan of boiling salted water, according to packet instructions, until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan and fry the garlic and chilli flakes for 2-3 minutes. Then add the turnip greens and fry for a further 3-4 minutes, or until the turnip greens are tender and wilted. Season with sea salt.
3. Drain the orecchiette and add to the pan with the turnip greens, mixing well to coat. Spoon onto plates and serve with a little pecorino cheese.