On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Tasmania Part II
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Finals - MasterChef
- 22:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Gloria Hunniford’s savoury bake is a delicious way to increase your veggie consumption – for only 89p per serving
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Put the chopped potatoes into a rectangular ovenproof dish.
3. Add the peppers and sweet potato in layers on top of the potato, alternating with the garlic and onions, seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper and drizzling with a little olive oil as you go.
4. Put the dish in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until brown.
5. Remove from the oven, add sliced halloumi to the top of the vegetables, return the dish to the oven and bake until the cheese is browned.
6. Serve the bake with sliced crispy chicken breast, if desired. It goes equally well with fish or meat.
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into rings
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into rings
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into half-moons or wedges
- 1 pack halloumi cheese, sliced
- olive oil, for drizzling
- crispy chicken breasts, to serve (optional)