Earl grey and white chocolate rhubarb trifle
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
A pretty and simple dessert of earl grey-poached rhubarb and white chocolate cream from Jun Tanaka
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Make a pot of tea with 400 millilitres of water and all of the earl grey tea leaves and infuse for 4-5 minutes. Strain into a small saucepan, add the sugar and then the rhubarb.
2. Bring to a gentle simmer over a low-medium heat and poach the rhubarb for about 5 minutes, until just tender.
3. While the rhubarb is poaching tip the white chocolate into a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of barely simmering water and melt gently. Bring the milk to the boil in a separate saucepan then pour into the chocolate and mix to combine.
4. Whip the cream to soft peaks then fold in the chocolate mixture.
5. Remove the rhubarb from the pan, leaving behind the excess juices. Add the sponge fingers to the rhubarb juices and soak for a minute on each side.
6. Line two small glasses with the rhubarb, standing it up lengthways. Fill the middle of each glass with alternate layers of soaked sponge and orange segments. Top each glass with the chocolate cream, garnish with a few amaretti crumbs and serve.