White chocolate cupcakes
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus cooling
- Cook time:
- 25 min
- Makes 12
Helen Nathan’s raspberry icing topped cakes with chocolate swirls are great to make with children
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Chocolate roulettes, fairy glitter and fruit flavoured fondant icing are available online at flossiecrums.com
You can make your own raspberry fondant icing by mixing regular fondant icing sugar with raspberry purée and a splash of water.
For the cakes
- 125 g butter, softened
- 100 g white chocolate
- 200 g caster sugar
- 125 g milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 190 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the icing
- 1 packets fresh raspberry fondant icing, (see Cook's Tips)
- 1 Swiss roulette chocolate curls, (see Cook's Tips)
- edible glitter, (see Cook's Tips)
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Ask a grown-up to turn on the oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4, then ask them to melt the first four ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Allow the mixture to cool for ten minutes, then mix this and the other cake ingredients together in a big bowl.
3. Spoon the cake mixture into 12 cupcake cases, place these into a fairy cake baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Ask a grown-up to take the cakes out of the oven and put them on a wire rack. While they are cooling, add water to the fondant icing following the instructions on the side of the packet. When the icing is lovely and smooth, spoon it onto the cupcakes.
5. To make the chocolate swirls, push down on the chocolate roulette using the handle of the chocolate swirl machine and turn it in a circle. If you don’t have one of these machines in the kitchen, you could use chocolate flakes instead.
6. Sprinkle with edible fairy glitter to make the cakes magical!