On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - The Heart of England
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - British Waterways
- 22:00 - River Cottage Veg - Summer Pleasures
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Gennaro Contaldo’s chicken dish is simple enough for a family meal and elegant enough to serve to your guests
Method1. Slice down the length of the chicken breast cutting it almost in half. Then open out into one wide piece. Put the chicken fillets between 2 sheets of cling film and pound with a meat mallet to make them really thin.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, chopped marjoram and a pinch of salt.
3. Arrange the slices of chicken on a work surface and top each with a slice of ham, ensuring there is a border around the edge. Season with a little salt and pepper. Place a dollop of the ricotta mixture in the middle of each one, then fold the slices in half, pressing down on the edges gently, making sure the filling does not escape.
4. Dust each chicken parcel with flour.
5. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over a high heat until the butter is melted. Add the filled chicken pieces, add some marjoram leaves to the pan, then seal the chicken on both sides. Reduce the heat, add the pour in the stock and simmer gently for about 5 minutes until the chicken has cooked through.
6. To serve, put a piece of chicken on each plate, spoon over a little of the cooking juices and accompany with a green salad.