Stuffed chicken breasts with ricotta, ham and marjoram
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Gennaro Contaldo’s chicken dish is simple enough for a family meal and elegant enough to serve to your guests
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Slice down the length of the chicken breast cutting it almost in half. Then open out into one wide piece. Put the chicken fillets between 2 sheets of cling film and pound with a meat mallet to make them really thin.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, chopped marjoram and a pinch of salt.
3. Arrange the slices of chicken on a work surface and top each with a slice of ham, ensuring there is a border around the edge. Season with a little salt and pepper. Place a dollop of the ricotta mixture in the middle of each one, then fold the slices in half, pressing down on the edges gently, making sure the filling does not escape.
4. Dust each chicken parcel with flour.
5. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over a high heat until the butter is melted. Add the filled chicken pieces, add some marjoram leaves to the pan, then seal the chicken on both sides. Reduce the heat, add the pour in the stock and simmer gently for about 5 minutes until the chicken has cooked through.
6. To serve, put a piece of chicken on each plate, spoon over a little of the cooking juices and accompany with a green salad.