Bacon and cheese sandwich
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Crunchy bread gives way to oozing cheese and salty bacon – Rachel Allen’s indulgent sandwich is not for the faint of heart!
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Fry the bacon in a frying pan until crisp and set it aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together the grated cheese with the egg yolk and mustard, seasoning with salt and pepper.
3. Lay the slices of bread on a clean work surface. Spread one slice with butter, add the bacon, then the grated cheese mixture. Spread the other slice of bread with butter and place on top, butter side-down. Spread some butter on the top of the sandwich.
4. Place a frying pan on the heat and put the sandwich in the pan straightaway, butter-side down. Put a saucepan lid on the pan and fry over a medium heat for another 3-4 minutes, until golden-brown on the underside.
5. Spread a thin layer of butter on the top and flip over. Cover again, turn down the heat and cook for another 3-4 minutes until golden-brown and the cheese is just melted. Remove and serve at once.