Lamb cutlets with Cumberland sauce
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
The addition of Cumberland sauce and roasted hazelnuts to this lamb dish creates a rich and fruity taste sensation
Tips and suggestions
- Eat with...
- Cumberland sauce
- Cooks Tips...
- To make your own balsamic and mint sauce mix 1½tbsp of mint sauce with ½tsp balsamic vinegar.
- oil, for frying
- 25 g butter
- 1 pair best end lamb cutlets, fat trimmed off
- 2 tbsp Cumberland sauce, such as English Provender Co. Cumberland sauce
- 50 g hazelnuts, chopped
For the sauté potatoes
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 4.
2. Heat the oil and add the butter. Seal the lamb all over until brown, lift out and leave to cool slightly.
3. Smear the lamb with Cumberland Sauce and dip into chopped hazelnuts. Put on an oven rack and roast for 12 minutes.
4. For the sauté potatoes: melt 50g butter in a frying pan and sauté the potatoes for 3 mins. Season and add chopped shallots, continuing to fry until soft.
5. Take lamb out of oven and leave to rest. Divide potatoes between 2 plates. Slice the lamb and lay on top.
6. To serve:toss the rocket in the mint sauce and vinegar mix and arrange on top of the lamb. Serve.