On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Los Angeles
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 1
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 10
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 2-3 hours chilling
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- 10-12 slices
A no-bake chocolate cake perfect for entertaining - decorate with chocolate truffles or mini eggs
Method1. Butter and line the base and sides of a loaf tin (19cm x 9.5cm x 5cm deep) with baking paper. Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Set aside.
2. Dry-roast the nuts in a hot frying pan until toasty brown. Combine the melted chocolate mix, nuts, biscuits and figs together, and spoon into the tin, packing down very firmly at the bottom and smoothing the top. Leave in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
3. Turn out onto a plate and drizzle over the chocolate sauce so it dribbles down the sides. Decorate with the chocolate eggs and a sifting of cocoa. Serve with extra chocolate sauce.
- 100 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 150 g dark or milk chocolate with nuts, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50 g hazelnuts, halved
- 25 g pine nuts
- 175 g soft almond amaretti biscuits, broken into chunky pieces
- 85 g soft dried figs, quartered
- 220 g jar chocolate sauce, such as Very Lazy Belgian Chocolate Sauce
- chocolate mini eggs
- cocoa powder, to decorate