On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Lancashire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - North Yorkshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Herefordshire
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Aaron Craze shares his recipe for a spicy fried chicken roll, inspired by one of his favourite sandwich shops
Method1. Butterfly the chicken breast and beat out between greaseproof paper until thin.
2. Sprinkle the spices and herbs over the chicken. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, but remember not to add too much salt as the ‘Season All’ mix contains some. The coat with the flour making sure both sides are covered.
3. Pour sunflower oil into a deep pan to a depth of about 5cm and heat until hot.
4. Carefully lower the chicken into the hot oil and fry until lightly coloured. Drain on kitchen paper.
5. To serve, cover the bottom half of the bap with fresh mango slices, top with Thai basil and mixed leaves and drizzle with olive oil. Put the chicken on top of the stack and finish with the other half of the bap.