Fried eggs with smoked ham and spicy peperonata
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
For the peperonata
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, sliced
- 200 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp capers
For the ham and eggs
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the peperonata: heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry gently for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent, then stir in the peppers, chilli and garlic and cook gently over a low heat for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
2. Tip in the tomatoes, increase the heat to medium and simmer gently for 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Season with salt and black pepper and stir in the capers. Keep warm.
3. For the ham and eggs: heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat then add the ham. Fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned in places, then turn the heat down to medium-low and crack the eggs on top of the ham. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
4. Spoon the peperonata over the eggs, season with black pepper and serve straight from the pan with crusty bread on the side.