On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 1
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets - Luxury Lunches
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Confit of duck is shredded and stirred into an aromatic soup in Jason Atherton’s sweet-and-soy dish
Method1. Scrape off any excess fat from the duck legs with a knife to prevent the soup becoming too greasy.
2. Mix together the honey, Chinese five-spice powder and half of the soya sauce in a bowl.
3. Heat a pan over a medium hob and place the duck legs in the hot pan. Pour over the honey mixture and cook gently until sticky and glossy. Remove the legs from the pan and shred the meat.
4. Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water with a pinch of salt until tender. Drain well.
5. Heat the stock in a large saucepan, add the remaining soy sauce and the oyster sauce and sesame oil and stir to combine. Add salt to taste.
6. Tip in the spring onions, noodles and duck.
7. To serve, divide among two bowls and garnish with watercress.