Duck noodle soup
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Confit of duck is shredded and stirred into an aromatic soup in Jason Atherton’s sweet-and-soy dish
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Scrape off any excess fat from the duck legs with a knife to prevent the soup becoming too greasy.
2. Mix together the honey, Chinese five-spice powder and half of the soya sauce in a bowl.
3. Heat a pan over a medium hob and place the duck legs in the hot pan. Pour over the honey mixture and cook gently until sticky and glossy. Remove the legs from the pan and shred the meat.
4. Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water with a pinch of salt until tender. Drain well.
5. Heat the stock in a large saucepan, add the remaining soy sauce and the oyster sauce and sesame oil and stir to combine. Add salt to taste.
6. Tip in the spring onions, noodles and duck.
7. To serve, divide among two bowls and garnish with watercress.