On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas, 1
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking: Xmas 2011 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking: Xmas 2011
- 22:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - The Big Freeze
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Make the most of tropical fruit such as mangoes, passion fruit and lychees as Jason Atherton has in this recipe
Method1. In a bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and icing sugar until well combined. Set aside for a few minutes.
2. Meanwhile, slice the mango into wedges and dust with some more icing sugar. Set aside.
3. Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, then fry the soaked bread for 2-3 minutes on both sides, or until golden-brown and crisp all over.
4. Meanwhile, heat a separate frying pan and dry-fry the mango wedges for 2-3 minutes on all sides, or until caramelised all over.
5. Scrape out the vanilla seeds from the pod, reserving the pod, and mix into the yogurt. In a separate bowl, mix together the passion fruit flesh, lychee and some sugar to taste.
6. To serve, place a piece of toast on each plate and top with the caramelised mango slices. Spoon over the passion fruit and lychee mixture and drizzle over the vanilla-flecked yogurt. Garnish with the vanilla pod.
French Toast Recipes