Exotic fruit French toast
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Make the most of tropical fruit such as mangoes, passion fruit and lychees as Jason Atherton has in this recipe
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and icing sugar until well combined. Set aside for a few minutes.
2. Meanwhile, slice the mango into wedges and dust with some more icing sugar. Set aside.
3. Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, then fry the soaked bread for 2-3 minutes on both sides, or until golden-brown and crisp all over.
4. Meanwhile, heat a separate frying pan and dry-fry the mango wedges for 2-3 minutes on all sides, or until caramelised all over.
5. Scrape out the vanilla seeds from the pod, reserving the pod, and mix into the yogurt. In a separate bowl, mix together the passion fruit flesh, lychee and some sugar to taste.
6. To serve, place a piece of toast on each plate and top with the caramelised mango slices. Spoon over the passion fruit and lychee mixture and drizzle over the vanilla-flecked yogurt. Garnish with the vanilla pod.
French Toast Recipes