On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Oxfordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - East Sussex
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Fast and healthy, Mark Sargeant’s fish dish makes the perfect midweek supper
Method1. Season the halibut with a little salt and cook in a hot oiled pan. Cook quickly until golden brown on each side, but do not cook it all the way through. Add a little more oil if necessary.
2. Once the fish is coloured on each side, turn off the heat and add a knob of butter. While it finishes cooking in the residual heat of the pan, baste the fish every now and again with the melted butter.
3. Put the onions in an oiled pan over a medium heat. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add the sugar and cook until dark golden and caramelised. Pour in the sherry vinegar and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Stir the kale into the onions, add a splash of water to help it steam and cook until wilted, adding a little more water if necessary.
5. Add the capers and parsley to the buttery juices in the pan of fish.
6. To serve, plate the kale and onions and top with the halibut steak. Spoon over the caper and parsley butter sauce and serve immediately.