On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Roast Pork, Black Pudding and Gooseberries
- 21:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Blueberry Coronation Chicken and Two Course Pasty
- 22:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Pizza, Blackberry Beer and Chicken Pie
Method1. For the salsa verde: combine the finely chopped herbs with all the other ingredients in a small bowl and set aside until ready to serve.
2. For the choux pastry: put the butter and water into a saucepan and heat until the butter melts. Take the pan off the heat, tip in all the flour and mix well.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, using a wooden spoon. Stir in a pinch of salt, then transfer the mixture to a piping bag and allow to cool for a few minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and dust a baking tray with flour, or line with non-stick baking parchment.
5. Pipe ‘blobs’ of pastry onto the prepared tray. You’ll get about eight golf ball-sized dollops or as many little ones as you like. Remember that the pastry will at least double in size, so give them plenty of space on the sheet to expand.
6. Cook the profiteroles for about 30-40 minutes or until they are golden and firm. The aim is to get them to dry out in the middle, so put them on the bottom shelf for another 5-10 minutes to make sure, if necessary.
7. For the crab filling: gently mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
8. Cut the profiteroles in half and spoon in the crab filling. Pop the lids back on top.
9. Put a little rocket on a serving plate and sit the filled profiteroles on top. Either spoon over the salsa verde, or serve it alongside as a dipping sauce.
For the choux pastry
For the crab filling
- 200 g picked white crab meat, drained
- 200 g full-fat cream cheese
- 1 bird's eye chilli, finely chopped
For the salsa verde
- 4 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 4 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 15 g capers, finely chopped
- 15 g anchovy fillets, in oil or salt, drained and finely chopped
- 15 g dijon mustard
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- rocket, to serve