On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 2
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets - Restaurant Revelations
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
- 3-4 as a snack or 1 for breakfast
Spicy baked omelette, from Cyrus Todiwala, makes a great snack or breakfast
Method1. Preheat the oven to 210C/190C fan/gas 7.
2. For the masala: using a mortar and pestle or food processor, grind all the ingredients together into a fine paste. (If using a food processor, you may need to add a very little water to bring the ingredients together.)
3. Beat the egg whites until very stiff and fluffy.
4. In another bowl, stir the flour, masala paste and egg yolks together. Gently fold this mixture into the egg whites and season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the oil in a 25cm non-stick, ovenproof pan until it is hazy, but not too hot. Pour in the omelette mixture, put the butter on the top and, after a few seconds, transfer the pan to the oven.
6. Bake the omelette until it is light and fluffy, and golden brown on top. To check whether it is cooked through, insert a clean knife in the centre of the omelette and see if it comes out clean.
7. Serve with soft bread or buttered toast and some sweet chutney.