On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie at Home Christmas Special - Jamie At Home Christmas Special
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 1
- 21:30 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 2
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus marinating
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Cyrus Todiwala’s Goan dish can also be made with a combination of seafood, shredded chicken or beef
Method1. Place the prawns in a non-reactive bowl and add the turmeric, chilli powder, a pinch of salt and the lemon juice. Cover and chill for no more than 2 hours.
2. Heat the wok over a high heat. Add the oil and as it begins to smoke, add the cumin seeds, garlic and ginger. Stir until the garlic is lightly coloured, taking care not to let it brown.
3. Add the marinated prawns and, keeping the heat on high, cook for 4-5 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice so that all the prawns touch the base of the pan. Take care not to agitate the pan too much, otherwise the prawns will release too much liquid.
4. Add the peppers, tomatoes, spring onions and chilli. Fry for a further minute or so.
5. Once the prawns are cooked through, add the coriander. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary, then serve hot with paratha, rice or noodles.
- 20-32 raw tiger prawns, shell on (6-8 per person)
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 cm piece ginger, scraped and finely sliced
- ½ green peppers, finely sliced
- ¼ red peppers, finely sliced
- ¼ yellow peppers, finely sliced
- 4-5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1-2 green chillies, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 1½ tbsp chopped coriander
- paratha bread, rice or noodles, to serve