On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Fat Ladies - Potatoes Galore
- 20:30 - Two Fat Ladies - On Safari
- 21:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Continental Breads
Method1. Place each veal medallion between two sheets of oiled cling film and, using a rolling pin, bash them out to approximately 5mm thick.
2. Tear the sage leaves into small pieces and scatter them over the veal. Lay a slice of ham on top of each and press down lightly. Lightly dust each piece of veal with flour and shake off the excess.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a heavy-based frying pan. Lay the veal in the pan ham-side down and season the other side. Fry gently to roast the ham – about 1 minute – then turn over to cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
4. Add the Marsala to the pan, turn the heat up and simmer for 1-2 minutes. (You can add a drop of water to the pan to loosen the sauce if the consistency becomes too thick.)
5. Serve the veal immediately, ham side up, with the sauce drizzled over.