On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- 21:00 - Nation's Favourite Christmas Food - Nation's Favourite Christmas Food
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best at Christmas - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best at Christmas
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Gary Rhodes' pan fried veal Saltimbocca translates as 'jump in the mouth' in Italian because of its intense sage and Marsala wine flavours
Method1. Place each veal medallion between two sheets of oiled cling film and, using a rolling pin, bash them out to approximately 5mm thick.
2. Tear the sage leaves into small pieces and scatter them over the veal. Lay a slice of ham on top of each and press down lightly. Lightly dust each piece of veal with flour and shake off the excess.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a heavy-based frying pan. Lay the veal in the pan ham-side down and season the other side. Fry gently to roast the ham – about 1 minute – then turn over to cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
4. Add the Marsala to the pan, turn the heat up and simmer for 1-2 minutes. (You can add a drop of water to the pan to loosen the sauce if the consistency becomes too thick.)
5. Serve the veal immediately, ham side up, with the sauce drizzled over.