On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 45 min, plus resting time
- a 2.25kg crown will serve 5-8
With Richard Corrigan's clever recipe, you don't even need an oven to cook this festive turkey
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- You can leave the turkey crown to cool in the poaching liquid if not required immediately, in which case it will take longer to finish in the roasting tin because it will need to reheat thoroughly.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Weigh the turkey crown to calculate the cooking time. You will need to poach it for 15 minutes per 450g: a medium turkey crown weighing 2.25kg (to serve 5-8 people) will therefore take 1 hour 15 minutes to poach.
2. Put the stock, bouquet garni, thyme, tarragon and butter in a pot and add the optional vegetables, if using.
3. Bring the pot to poaching temperature, so that the water moves but bubbles do not break the surface. Carefully place the turkey crown in the pot and cook for the calculated time.
4. Remove the crown from the poaching pan and allow rest. Strain the stock and reserve it to use in other dishes.
5. Heat some oil and butter in a roasting tin or large frying pan on the hob. Place the turkey crown skin-side down in the pan and fry, turning as necessary until all sides are browned and the turkey is hot and cooked through, about 15-30 minutes.