On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 2)
- 20:30 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 3)
- 21:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 4)
Submitted by: MarkD19220
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Aaron Craze’s tasty hot pot is the ideal supper to eat in front of your favourite TV programme
Method1. Cook the sausages in a non-stick frying pan until browned and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
2. In a separate pan, melt a little butter and sweat the onion, garlic and carrot until soft and lightly coloured. Halfway through, add the cumin seeds and about 1 tablespoon of the chopped coriander stalk.
3. Stir the tomato purée and butter into the veg. Add the passata and a dash of water and cook for 5 minutes, until thickened a little. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Cut the sausages into bite-size pieces and add to the tomato mixture.
5. Deglaze the sausage pan with a splash of balsamic or red wine vinegar and a little water, scraping up any solids. Add any bits and juice from the deglazed pan to the hot pot.
6. Tear up a few pieces of bread, add to the hot pot and cook until they are soft and beginning to dissolve.
7. Add the beans and heat through. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary, and add a little sugar to taste, if desired.
8. To serve, spoon the mixture into mugs or bowls, sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and roast chestnuts, if desired. Accompany with lots of crusty bread.
- 3-4 sausages
- butter, for frying
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small bunch coriander, leaves and stalks chopped separately
- 1 knob butter
- 1-2 tbsp tomato purée
- 400-500 g tomato passata
- 1 handfuls crusty bread, plus extra to serve
- 1 splashes balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 400 g can haricot beans, drained
- sugar, to taste
- olive oil, for drizzling
- sliced roast chestnuts, to serve (optional)