Mini meringues with hazelnuts and cream
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus cooling and setting
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
- 4 as a party snack
If you're in need of a sweet canapé, Matt Tebbutt's delicate meringues are guaranteed to impress guests
- 50 g shelled and skinned hazelnuts, toasted
- 3 egg whites
- 140 g caster sugar
- 75 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 180 ml double cream
- 1 tsp icing sugar
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat the oven to 100C/80C fan/gas ¼ and line two baking trays with non-stick parchment.
2. Put the nuts in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped, taking care not to over-grind them.
3. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form when the whisk is lifted from the bowl. Whisk in half the sugar and continue whisking until the egg whites become thick and glossy. Gradually whisk in the rest of the sugar.
4. Using a teaspoon, spoon 12 small heaps of meringue onto the parchment paper. Bake for about 1 hour, until crisp. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
5. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
6. Dip the flat side of each meringue in the chocolate and then dip in the chopped hazelnuts. Leave to set on the wire rack.
7. Whisk the cream with the icing sugar until thick. Use this to sandwich the meringues together.