Cheese fondue in squash
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
Click on the arrows to view more photos
Submitted by: bluemozza
- Prep time:
- 35 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min
Rachel Allen stuffs squash with melting garlicky cheese, great for dipping with chunks of crusty bread
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C /180C fan/gas 6. Cut a lid off the squash about 2cm from the top and set this aside. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
2. Put the grated cheeses in a bowl. Mix in the cream, garlic, nutmeg, kirsch (if using) and some salt and pepper then spoon this mixture into the hollowed pumpkin.
3. Put the lid on top and place in an ovenproof dish or roasting tray. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the flesh inside is tender.
4. Serve with chunks of crusty bread to dip into the cheese mixture and spoons to scoop out the soft flesh.