Griddled sweet potato salad
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Richard Corrigan’s recipe for a winter salad is sweet and punchy, with hints of ginger and chilli for a warming finish
For the sweet potato
- 1 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1-2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 1 pinches caster sugar
For the salad
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Par-boil the whole sweet potato in a pan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes, or until nearly tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly, then slice into thick rounds.
2. Mix together the honey, ginger, vinegar, chilli and sugar in a bowl to make a thick glaze.
3. Heat a griddle pan until hot, then lay the sweet potato rounds on the griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides, brushing each side with the glaze so that the sweet potato caramelises all over.
4. Place the sliced cabbage leaves and pear in a large bowl, then add the mustard and a little olive oil and toss well to coat. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Lay the griddle sweet potato on a serving plate and top with the cabbage and pear. Crumble over the cheddar cheese and serve.