On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Richard Corrigan’s recipe for a winter salad is sweet and punchy, with hints of ginger and chilli for a warming finish
Method1. Par-boil the whole sweet potato in a pan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes, or until nearly tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly, then slice into thick rounds.
2. Mix together the honey, ginger, vinegar, chilli and sugar in a bowl to make a thick glaze.
3. Heat a griddle pan until hot, then lay the sweet potato rounds on the griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides, brushing each side with the glaze so that the sweet potato caramelises all over.
4. Place the sliced cabbage leaves and pear in a large bowl, then add the mustard and a little olive oil and toss well to coat. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Lay the griddle sweet potato on a serving plate and top with the cabbage and pear. Crumble over the cheddar cheese and serve.
For the sweet potato
- 1 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1-2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 1 pinches caster sugar
For the salad