On TV Tonight
- 21:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- 22:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- 23:00 - Rick Stein's Memoirs of a Seafood Chef - Rick Stein's Memoirs of A Seafood Chef
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Theo Randall makes a stunning seafood pasta dish combining squid, red mullet, scallops and clams in a prosecco and tomato sauce
Method1. To prepare the squid, pull the tentacles away from the body. Remove the quill and discard it. Clean the squid under cold running water and remove and discard the skin.
2. Cut the tentacles into 1cm pieces. Cut the squid body, red mullet and scallops into similar-sized pieces and set aside.
3. Run the clams under cold running water to clean them, then pat dry. Put the clams in a dry saucepan, cover and cook for 1 minute. Pour the prosecco over the clams and simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until the clams have opened – discard any that don’t.
4. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente (retaining some bite). Drain and keep warm.
5. While the pasta is cooking, drain the cooking liquor from the clams into a clean bowl and pick the clam meat from the shells. Check the cooking liquor for any grit and carefully remove this with a spoon if necessary. Pour the cooking liquor back over the top of the clam meat.
6. Season the reserved squid, red mullet and scallops with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large frying pan and, once hot, add the squid, red mullet and scallops. Fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add the shelled clams and their juices along with the tomatoes and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
8. Add the drained linguine to the sauce and toss together over a low heat until well mixed.
9. Season again with salt, pepper, and a dash of olive oil and serve at once.