On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Caribbean Food Made Easy - CARIBBEAN FOOD MADE EASY
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Seafood
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Kim McCosker and Rachael Bermingham cleverly combine two childhood treats by adding a can of lemonade to scone batter
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the cream and lemonade. Mix first with a wooden spoon and then with your hands to make a firm dough.
3. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut into 12 circles using a scone (or cookie) cutter.
4. Arrange the scones on the lined baking tray and bake until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve the scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam.
- 700 g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 300 ml double cream
- 375 ml lemonade
- clotted cream
- raspberry jam