On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 2)
- 20:30 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 3)
- 21:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 4)
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Tristan Welch’s simple chicken parcels will cook in the coals of your bonfire while you enjoy the fireworks
Method1. For each chicken breast, take two large sheets of kitchen foil and lay one on top of the other (this helps regulate the heat at which the chicken is cooked). Spread a knob of butter in the middle of each piece of foil.
2. Arrange the prepared vegetables evenly over the sets of foil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Season the chicken and put one breast on top of each pile of vegetables with a bay leaf tucked underneath. Spread a bit more butter on the part of the foil that is going to touch the top of the chicken.
4. Warm the chicken stock if it is cold and pour a little over each pile of chicken and vegetables.
5. Brush the edges of the foil with beaten egg and fold over neatly to seal. Place them on the embers of your bonfire or barbecue for 20-30 minutes (while you are watching fireworks!).
6. When cooked, remove the parcels from the heat and put one on each plate. Cut a slit in each parcel and carefully open up. Serve with a glass of mulled cider.