Brussels sprouts with apple and juniper
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
The flavours of northern Europe bring a fruitily fragrant kick to the humble sprout – with the bonus that this dish is fat-free
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Trim the brussels sprouts and cut a cross in the base of each. Cut the apple into quarters, remove the core and slice thinly.
2. Pour the apple juice into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the sprouts and sliced apple. Crush the juniper berries and add to the pan along with some salt and pepper.
3. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until the sprouts are tender. Serve straight away.