On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes, 3
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Philadelphia
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Philadelphia and New York
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
The flavours of northern Europe bring a fruitily fragrant kick to the humble sprout – with the bonus that this dish is fat-free
Method1. Trim the brussels sprouts and cut a cross in the base of each. Cut the apple into quarters, remove the core and slice thinly.
2. Pour the apple juice into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the sprouts and sliced apple. Crush the juniper berries and add to the pan along with some salt and pepper.
3. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until the sprouts are tender. Serve straight away.