On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Los Angeles
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 1
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Try something a little unusual, like Matt Tebbutt’s seaweed and wild herbs to accompany poached fish
Method1. Put a knob of butter in a hot pan and sweat the onion, fennel, celery and leek with the white peppercorns until the vegetables have softened.
2. Add the whole garlic clove and cook until it starts to soften.
3. Pour in the fish stock and lager and bring to a gentle simmer.
4. Once simmering, add the fish fillets and gently poach them for 5 minutes.
5. Pick through the sea vegetables, selecting a small handful of the more tender, younger pieces, and removing any woody parts. Arrange the sea veg in the bottom of a serving bowl and add a couple of fronds of wild fennel.
6. Once the fish is cooked, lift it from the poaching liquid and gently remove and discard the skin of the fish. Place the fillet on top of the sea vegetables and spoon over some of the poaching liquor. Serve immediately.