On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Matt Tebbut shares his recipe for sweet fig chutney to go with a selection of Welsh cheeses; perfect washed down with a pint of perry!
Method1. For the fig chutney: heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry the chilli, onion and garlic until softened.
2. Add the malt vinegar and white wine vinegar, simmer for a minute, then tip in the figs. Cook the figs until softened - about 10 minutes - adding the sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper halfway through and stirring well. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
3. For the goat's cheese: in a bowl combine the goat's cheese, walnuts, a pinch each of salt and pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil and mix well.
4. To serve, spoon the goat's cheese onto a board or platter and add the other cheeses. Accompany with the fig chutney, honeycomb and hunks of bread.
For the fig chutney
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ onions, finely chopped
- ½ cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp malt vinegar
- 6 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 large handful dried figs, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
For the goats cheese
- 2 other Welsh cheese, such as caerphilly and a smoked cheddar-style cheese
- honeycomb, cut into cubes, to taste
- crusty brown bread