On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Fat Ladies - Potatoes Galore
- 20:30 - Two Fat Ladies - On Safari
- 21:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Continental Breads
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Matt Tebbutt’s salad combines black pudding, bacon lardons and croûtons – all brought together with a smooth egg vinaigrette
Method1. Blanch the baby leeks in a pan of boiling, salted water for a few minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of ice-cold water. Drain once cool.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar and a little salt, to taste. Add the oil in a steady stream, whisking all the time until the dressing has thickened to your liking. Add the egg yolk, mix well then set aside until needed
4. Heat a frying pan with a little olive oil and fry the bacon lardons and black pudding for a couple of minutes until crisp. Remove, drain and keep warm in a bowl.
5. Add the drained leeks to the frying pan and warm them through, then add to the bowl of meat.
6. Add a little more oil to the frying pan if necessary and fry the bread cubes to make golden-brown croûtons.
7. Toss the parsley and salad leaves together and divide among serving plates. Scatter over the bacon, black pudding and leeks then top with the croûtons. Season to taste with salt and pepper, drizzle over the dressing and serve at once.