Warm black pudding salad
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Matt Tebbutt’s salad combines black pudding, bacon lardons and croûtons – all brought together with a smooth egg vinaigrette
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Blanch the baby leeks in a pan of boiling, salted water for a few minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of ice-cold water. Drain once cool.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar and a little salt, to taste. Add the oil in a steady stream, whisking all the time until the dressing has thickened to your liking. Add the egg yolk, mix well then set aside until needed
4. Heat a frying pan with a little olive oil and fry the bacon lardons and black pudding for a couple of minutes until crisp. Remove, drain and keep warm in a bowl.
5. Add the drained leeks to the frying pan and warm them through, then add to the bowl of meat.
6. Add a little more oil to the frying pan if necessary and fry the bread cubes to make golden-brown croûtons.
7. Toss the parsley and salad leaves together and divide among serving plates. Scatter over the bacon, black pudding and leeks then top with the croûtons. Season to taste with salt and pepper, drizzle over the dressing and serve at once.