Brill with marinated beetroot
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Aaron Craze accompanies this tender white fish with a colourful combination of red and golden beetroot, marjoram and fresh orange segments
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Don't worry if your fishmonger has no brill – halibut and turbot are good alternatives for this recipe.
For the beetroot
- 1 small red beetroot
- 1 small golden beetroot
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp marjoram leaves
- 1 pinches sea salt
- ½ oranges, segmented
For the brill
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the beetroot: boil the beetroot in a pan of boiling water for 20 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. When cool enough to handle, peel the beetroot and cut into 1cm cubes. Transfer to a non-metallic bowl and mix in the olive oil, vinegar, marjoram and salt. Set aside to marinate for a few minutes, or overnight.
3. For the brill: combine all the flavouring ingredients and rub the mixture all over the fish.
4. Heat a griddle pan until hot. Lay the fish in the pan skin-side down and cook for 5 minutes, or until the skin is crisp. Turn the fish over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and just cooked through.
5. Just before serving, stir the orange segments through the marinated beetroot and spoon alongside the fish.