On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Family Christmas - Turkey and Trimmings
- 20:30 - Jamie's Family Christmas - Brunch, Lunch and Breakfast
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 1
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
A great low fat dish ready in just 20 minutes, from the Food Standards Agency
Method1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the garlic and turkey over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add the peppers and onions and fry for another minute, until soft.
3. Next, stir in the soy, water, orange juice and ground ginger and cook for a further 3-4 minutes over a medium heat.
4. Serve with brown rice.
Nutritional information per portion (515g)
Energy 590 kcal (2478 kJ)
(of which sugars) 3.6g
Fat, total 12.8g
(of which saturates) 2.3g
Traffic lights per portion (515g)
Fat: Green (low)
Saturated: Green (low)
Sugars: Green (low)
Salt: Green (low)
Contains: soybeans, egg, wheat (gluten). Some soy sauce contains fish.
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 75 g turkey, diced
- ½ red peppers, sliced
- ½ green peppers, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger, optional
- ½ cup brown rice, or 1 block of noodles
Tips and suggestions
- Alternatives: for a vegetarian stir fry, substitute the turkey with your favourite vegetables – for example, carrots cut finely, courgettes, peppers and mushrooms.
Always wash your hands, work surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before you start and after handling raw meat, including poultry. Keep raw meat away from ready-to-eat foods such as salad, fruit and bread.
Make sure that the turkey is cooked until steaming hot all the way through and no pink meat is left.