Turkey pepper stir fry
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
A great low fat dish ready in just 20 minutes, from the Food Standards Agency
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Alternatives: for a vegetarian stir fry, substitute the turkey with your favourite vegetables – for example, carrots cut finely, courgettes, peppers and mushrooms.
Always wash your hands, work surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before you start and after handling raw meat, including poultry. Keep raw meat away from ready-to-eat foods such as salad, fruit and bread.
Make sure that the turkey is cooked until steaming hot all the way through and no pink meat is left.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the garlic and turkey over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add the peppers and onions and fry for another minute, until soft.
3. Next, stir in the soy, water, orange juice and ground ginger and cook for a further 3-4 minutes over a medium heat.
4. Serve with brown rice.
Nutritional information per portion (515g)
Energy 590 kcal (2478 kJ)
(of which sugars) 3.6g
Fat, total 12.8g
(of which saturates) 2.3g
Traffic lights per portion (515g)
Fat: Green (low)
Saturated: Green (low)
Sugars: Green (low)
Salt: Green (low)
Contains: soybeans, egg, wheat (gluten). Some soy sauce contains fish.