By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- Makes 2 small jars
Make the most of a seasonal favourite and stock up the store cupboard with this sweet and spiced chutney from Matt Tebbutt
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Tip the chopped onion and olive oil into a heavy-based, non-reactive saucepan. Fry over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until softened and translucent but not browned.
2. Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir until the sugar is dissolved, then simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly thickened.
3. Pour the hot chutney into sterilised jars and set aside to cool.
4. When cool, place a disc of waxed paper directly onto the chutney and seal with airtight lids or cellophane and elastic bands.
5. Keep in a cool, dark place until ready to use. Chill after opening and use within 1-2 months.