On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation - Low Countries
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking - Sugar and Spice
- 21:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Baked Alaska
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- Makes 2 small jars
Make the most of a seasonal favourite and stock up the store cupboard with this sweet and spiced chutney from Matt Tebbutt
Method1. Tip the chopped onion and olive oil into a heavy-based, non-reactive saucepan. Fry over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until softened and translucent but not browned.
2. Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir until the sugar is dissolved, then simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly thickened.
3. Pour the hot chutney into sterilised jars and set aside to cool.
4. When cool, place a disc of waxed paper directly onto the chutney and seal with airtight lids or cellophane and elastic bands.
5. Keep in a cool, dark place until ready to use. Chill after opening and use within 1-2 months.