On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes, 5
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off - Bread
- 22:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 35 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
The richness of wild mushrooms pairs beautifully with scented sage in this filled pasta recipe from Theo Randall
Method1. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the Swiss chard for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the garlic for a minute before adding the mushrooms. Fry for a few minutes more, until the mushrooms soften. Add the chard and the nutmeg, season cook for a further couple of minutes.
3. Tip the mushroom mixture onto a large board and allow to cool. Chop it finely, then transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the ricotta. Set aside.
4. Divide the pasta dough into four equal pieces and roll each into a thin sheet using a pasta machine, keeping the dough covered when not being worked as the pasta will dry out very quickly.
5. Carefully place teaspoonfuls of the mixture along the bottom length of each pasta sheet leaving 6cm gaps between the blobs. Use a pastry brush dipped in water to brush around the filling, then fold over the top half of the pasta, press all around the filling to seal and cut into square parcels.
6. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the ravioli for 3-4 minutes. While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the sage and heat gently to infuse. When the ravioli are cooked, drain well, add them to the sage butter and toss gently.
7. Serve with grated parmesan and black pepper.
- 2 large leaves swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic
- 150 g fresh trompette mushrooms
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 300 g pasta dough
- 100 g butter
- 8 sage leaves, roughly chopped
- freshly grated parmesan, to serve