On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Dairy
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Fowl
- 22:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Sheep
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 10 min
An easy recipe which will satisfy that sweet tooth. Passed down from Rach’s great grandmother, Chrissie Moore
1. Place unopened tin of condensed milk into a large saucepan generously covering tin with water, boil for 2 hours to turn the milk into caramel, (check every 30 minutes to ensure tin is covered in
water, top up when necessary so the tin doesn’t burst).
2. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease pie dish with butter and line with sheet of pastry.
3. Place in oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Pour cooled caramel into pastry shell. Spoon over thickened whipped cream generously
- 1 sheets sweet short pastry
- 400 g tin condensed milk
- 250 ml single cream, whipped
- 1 tsp butter