Chrissie’s caramel tart
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - James Martin
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 6
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Spring is in the Air
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 10 min
An easy recipe which will satisfy that sweet tooth. Passed down from Rach’s great grandmother, Chrissie Moore
- 1 sheets sweet short pastry
- 400 g tin condensed milk
- 250 ml single cream, whipped
- 1 tsp butter
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
1. Place unopened tin of condensed milk into a large saucepan generously covering tin with water, boil for 2 hours to turn the milk into caramel, (check every 30 minutes to ensure tin is covered in
water, top up when necessary so the tin doesn’t burst).
2. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease pie dish with butter and line with sheet of pastry.
3. Place in oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Pour cooled caramel into pastry shell. Spoon over thickened whipped cream generously