On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Tasmania Part II
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Finals - MasterChef
- 22:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 6 hours freezing
This wonderfully chocolaty make-ahead pudding from Rachel Allen is perfect for taking the pressure out of dinner party desserts
Method1. Line the base of a 900g loaf tin with parchment paper or a double layer of cling film, leaving the excess hanging out over the edges.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. In a second bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form firm peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture and then carefully fold in the egg whites.
3. Sprinkle a third of the chopped chocolate evenly into the base of the prepared tin. Pour half the semifreddo mixture over the chocolate, followed by the next third of the chocolate. Finally, pour over the remaining semifreddo and top with the remaining chocolate. Cover with the excess hanging parchment or cling film and freeze for at least 6 hours until solid.
4. For the chocolate sauce Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Whisk in the cream to give a smooth melted sauce and then keep warm in the bowl until ready to serve.
5. Once the semifreddo is set, carefully remove it from the tin, turning it upside down onto a plate, and remove the parchment or cling film. Cut into slices, using a warm knife if necessary and serve with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Apdapted from Rachel Allen Home Cooking (Collins)