On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off Masterclass - Great British Bake Off: The Masterclass
- 22:00 - The Great British Bake Off Masterclass - Great British Bake Off: The Masterclass
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Simon Rimmer adds butternut squash to a creamy cheese risotto in this Italian infuenced dish
Method1. Heat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Put half the butternut squash in a roasting tin and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Roast for about 20 minutes, until tender.
3. Simmer the remaining squash in stock until softened. Tip the squash into a sieve, reserving any stock in a bowl below. Puree the squash and leave on one side. Keep the stock hot.
4. Melt the butter in a large pan and sweat the chopped onion for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to stop it catching.
5. Tip in the rice and stir well into the onion. Add a ladleful of the hot stock while the pan is still on the heat and stir continuously until absorbed. Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, gently stirring between each addition – this gives the risotto its characteristic creamy consistency.
6. Once all the stock has been absorbed stir in the pureed squash, followed by the Philadelphia Light, roasted squash cubes, shredded sage leaves and the cooked peas. Warm through.
7. Finish with fresh parmesan shavings.
Nutritional Information (Per serving)
of which Sugars 5.9g
of which Saturated Fat 5.5g
Fibre (Englyst) 3.6g
* Equiv as Salt 2.8g
- 300 g prepared weight butternut squash, peeled de-seeded and cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.3 litres hot vegetable stock
- 20 g butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 350 g risotto rice, (Arborio or Carnaroli are best types)
- 100 g Philadelphia Light cream cheese
- 6-8 sage leaves, finely shredded
- 75 g peas, cooked
- shavings of parmesan, for finishing
Tips and suggestions
- For a more meaty dish, add 1 tbsp cooked pancetta or bacon pieces just before serving.