On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - New York
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 3
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 12
Submitted by: Elena Iksar
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Simon Rimmer serves succulent pork rolls on a bed of noodles in this Asian influenced dish
Method1. Heat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Mix the Philadelphia, apricots and tarragon in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Trim any fat from the pork loins. Place each loin in turn on a chopping board, cover with a layer of cling film and flatten out using a rolling pin. Then spread each loin with the Philadelphia stuffing. Roll up individually and tie using string.
4. Heat a drizzle of oil in an ovenproof frying pan and cook the pork rolls until browned – this should take about 5 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
5. While the pork is cooking, cook the egg noodles as directed. Drain, and then toss with the oil, ginger, spring onions and parsley.
6. Take the pork from the oven, remove the string and cut the rolls into slices. Serve on a bed of the warm noodles.
Nutritional Information (Per serving)
of which Sugars 6.9g
of which Saturated Fat 7.8g
Fibre (Englyst) 3.3g
* Equiv as Salt 1.0g
- 200 g Philadelphia Light cream cheese
- 175 g apricots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 4 thick pork loin steaks, each weighing about 125g
- drizzle olive oil
For the noodles