On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - The Club, Foo, Tundra & Inn Pub
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus 20 minutes marinating
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Make a stay-at-home take-away with Ken Hom's classic Chinese chicken dish
Method1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken with all the marinade ingredients, and leave to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
2. Cut the stalks off the broccoli and divide the heads into small florets. Peel the stalks and thinly slice them on the diagonal.
3. Heat a wok over high heat, then add the oil and the chicken. Stir-fry for 5 minutes, until the chicken is brown. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Wipe the wok clean and reheat until it is hot, quickly add the shallots and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until brown. Then add the black pepper, rice wine, oyster sauce and stir-fry for a minute.
5. Now add the broccoli and the chicken stock. Cover tightly and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes.
6. Return the drained chicken to the wok and cook for about a minute or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Finally add the fresh basil leaves to the mix. Turn out onto a platter and serve immediately.
- 450 g chicken breasts, cut into 2.5cm
- 450 g broccoli
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp finely sliced shallots
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp rice wine, or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- large handful basil, leaves
For the marinade