On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Pinapple adds a fruity note to Ken Hom's tasty stir-fry
- 450 g lean beef steaks
- 225 g fresh pineapples
- 2 red peppers
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp shredded fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp water, or stock
- 2 tsp Chinese rice wine, or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine, or dry sherry
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1½ tsp cornflour
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Cut the beef into thick ¼ inch x 2 inch (0.5 x 5 cm) slices and put them in a bowl.Add the marinade ingredients, mix well and set aside.
2. Peel the pineapple and cut into small slices, discarding the tough core. De-seed the peppers and cut them into wedges. Cut the spring onions into 3-inch (7.5cm) lengths.
3. Heat the wok, then pour in the oil. Add the beef and stir-fry for 1 minute to brown.Remove the beef with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the ginger, peppers and
spring onions to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Pour in the water, the rice wine, the soy sauce and cook for about a minute. Drain the juices from the beef into the wok and also add the pineapple.
5. Return the beef to the wok and cook until it and the pineapple are heated through. Add the sesame oil and give the mixture one or two final stirs. Serve at once.