On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- 21:00 - Nation's Favourite Christmas Food - Nation's Favourite Christmas Food
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best at Christmas - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best at Christmas
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
The combination of thyme, redcurrant jelly and black pepper is a quick and easy way to jazz up lamb chops
Method1. In a small bowl mix together the peppercorns and thyme. Transfer to a large, shallow plate.
2. Place the chops on a chopping board, season with salt and coat on both sides with the peppercorn mix.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the chops for 6-8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and keep warm.
4. Add the onions to the frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until soft and slightly coloured.
5. Add the stock and redcurrant jelly, bring to the boil and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until reduced by half. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter.
6. Serve the chops with the sauce, Parmesan mash and seasonal vegetables.