On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Tomatoes
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Summer Greens
- 21:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Classic Bread
Method1. Put the oil in a large, wide, non-stick pan and set over medium heat. When hot, add the bay leaves, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, cloves and dried red chillies. Stir for a few seconds, or until the bay leaves begin to turn brown. Add the chicken and fry on all sides for 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown all over.
2. Add the sultanas and fry for a few seconds. Add the yoghurt and season with the salt, freshly ground black pepper and the cayenne pepper. Cover the pan with a lid, turn the heat to low and gently cook for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the ginger into a food processor along with the water and blend until you have a smooth paste. Add the green chillies and coriander and continue to blend, scraping down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula if necessary.
4. Add the lightly drained spinach and blend very briefly. The spinach should have a coarse texture and should not be a fine puree. Empty the mixture into a bowl and mix in the mustard and a pinch of salt.
5. Add the sauce to the chicken and stir to mix. Bring to a simmer, cover again with telid and cook for ten more minutes, or until the chicken is tender. Turn the chicken pieces a few times during this period.
6. To serve, remove the bay leaves, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, whole cloves, and dried chillies from the chicken before serving with basmati rice.
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 cardamom pods
- 5 cm/2 inch cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 kg chicken, skinned, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp sultanas
- 90 ml natural yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 5 cm / 2 inch peice fresh root ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp water
- 1-2 green chilli, sliced into coarse rings (do not remove the seeds)
- 285 g packet frozen chopped spinach, blanched, drained
- 1 large handful fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp Pommery grain mustard
- cooked basmati rice, to serve