Spicy lemon chicken
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus 2-3 hours marinating
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 10 min
The whole family will love Aaron Craze’s spicy chicken with a fresh, crisp salad and dressing
- 200 ml olive oil
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice
- 2 scotch bonnet chillies, peppers, chopped with their seeds
- 2 sprigs rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1 X Label Anglais chicken, neck and back bone removed
For the salad cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp English mustard powder
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 125 ml white wine vinegar
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 100 ml double cream
For the salad
- 2 baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 marinated artichoke heart, chopped
- handfuls pine nuts, toasted
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, chilli and rosemary and mix well.
2. Rub the chicken thoroughly with the marinade and leave for 2-3 hours.
3. For the salad cream: in a bowl over a pot of boiling hot water, whisk the eggs, mustard and flour for a few seconds until it comes together.
4. Slowly add the vinegar and oil and stir until thickened. Remove from the heat and add the sugar.
5. Allow the mixture to cool down, then stir in the double cream.
6. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
7. Put the marinated chicken, skin side up, onto a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 50 minutes per 2kg bird. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
8. For the salad: toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
9. To serve, put some salad on a plate, top with a portion of chicken and accompany with salad cream on the side.