Egg noodles with ginger prawns
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 1 packets dried egg noodles
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, cut into long thin strips
- 200 g Tiger prawns
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 large red chillies, cut into long thin strips
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 chicken or vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 4 tbsp boiling water, optional
- 1 lime, juice only
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Soak the noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain well.
2. Heat a large wok over a high heat. As soon as it starts to smoke add the oil, garlic, ginger, prawns, spring onions and chilli and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
3. Tip in the noodles, rice wine vinegar and stock, if using, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Finally add the lime juice and oyster sauce and toss together. Scatter over the coriander and cashew nuts and serve.