On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Aaron Craze’s super speedy stir fry with crunchy cashews and ginger and garlic prawns makes an ideal last minute meal
Method1. Soak the noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain well.
2. Heat a large wok over a high heat. As soon as it starts to smoke add the oil, garlic, ginger, prawns, spring onions and chilli and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
3. Tip in the noodles, rice wine vinegar and stock, if using, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Finally add the lime juice and oyster sauce and toss together. Scatter over the coriander and cashew nuts and serve.
- 1 packets dried egg noodles
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, cut into long thin strips
- 200 g Tiger prawns
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 large red chillies, cut into long thin strips
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 chicken or vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 4 tbsp boiling water, optional
- 1 lime, juice only
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander